let the nerds answer your questions
if I use the Nerds’ bookkeeping services, will I still need your accounting services, too?
- Yes, because bookkeeping deals with your business’s daily financial transactions and reporting, whereas an accountant specifically handles the preparation and filing of taxes, as well as the analysis of financial statements and reports. Not to worry, numbers nerds can handle it all. For more information, visit our bookkeeping page and our accounting page.
will my financial matters be kept private and confidential?
- Yes, all of your data, records and information will be kept fully confidential. The nerds work in strict accordance with the professional conduct regulations of the UK’s Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and with the code of ethics of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
will I be charged for ad hoc communication?
- No, the nerds charge a fixed monthly fee for most services, and we’re always available if you have any questions or concerns about your business’s finances—at no extra cost. We’ll also provide solutions to your issues in the quickest possible time, so you can get back to running your business.
how often will I be able to discuss my finances with the Nerds?
- As often as is necessary. If you need to call or email us about any issue you’re having, we’re always happy to be of service and offer real solutions. In addition, we’ll meet with you once a month to have an in-depth discussion on your business’s financial situation and to keep track of your KPIs.
do you bill by the hour?
- At numbers nerds, most of our clients prefer to be charged a fixed monthly fee for our services. However, we do also provide the option of working at an hourly rate, so you can choose whichever billing solution works best for you.
how will I send my paperwork to you?
- We offer loads of convenient options for getting your paperwork to us; you’re welcome to use the post or scanning and email, but we also work with the latest software that allows you to upload photos of your paperwork straight to your online account via your mobile phone. Check out our software page to learn more about the programs we use.
will I still need to deal with HMRC and the bank if Numbers Nerds are handling my books and accounting?
- If you authorise numbers nerds to act as your HMRC agent or banking delegate, we will handle all correspondence and interaction with the bank and HMRC on behalf of your business, so you won’t ever have to sift through bank statements or tax reminders again!
how secure will my electronically stored records be?
- We only use the most secure, reliable Cloud-based software to store your records, so your data is 100 percent safe and confidential at all times.
are all of the Nerds properly certified?
- All of our bookkeepers are Xero-certified, and our accountants are also certified accountants.
what happens if you don’t deliver?
- Along with fixed fees, we also give clients fixed timeframes for the delivery of all services. If for some reason we don’t submit your work on time, we’ll offer our 100 per cent money-back guarantee for that period’s bookkeeping or accounting—it’s all part of our commitment to exceptional service.